Saturday, November 22, 2008

a silent tribute...


I've been working on a presentation for a friend the whole day. Sometimes I think why I easily say 'yes' to requests when I'm asked even when things get so busy for me. The thing is, I get engrossed with what I do and I lose a lot of sleep just getting it done. I end up really exhausted afterwards yet so satisfied making me feel that it's all worth my time.

God must have felt the same when He created the world, the day and night, the oceans and mountains, the birds and the beasts, and probably was most impressed creating man. It wasn't as if He was creating all things bright and beautiful for others as requested but whatever made Him made us - He was satisfied.

It's not everyday that I have so much passion to work on things and usually I wait for time to drive me to get it done. Often my friends would say that it's not like me to plan what to do or what to make long before its deadline. I know it's not good to procrastinate but when I work on something for a long time, I end up altering it thousands of times that I don't get as much satisfaction with the outcome. That's just how my mind works and I have this practice of putting an idea together when I am persistently bothered by my thoughts - that's when I can beat the deadline and deliver my product.

And how long did God created us? 7 days?! No, wait, 6 days only as He rested on the last day and took time to marvel at His great works. Did the idea just popped out of His mind or did He plan us for a long long time?! He's a genius so however He planned or visualized creating everything around us is the most awesome design ever and will ever be made that will surpass many generations.

So I thought, will my works surpass my time? Will it be significant to others when I am long gone? You see, I rely on friends for the appreciation of my works apart from being a smug at times. They're there and are obliged to do so and good that I have collected a great number of their kind through the years.

Seriously, I do want that whatever we gain from others through their works can really be long appreciated. An appreciation that doesn't mean we need to return a favor because we owe it to them or that we have to constantly say 'thanks' whenever we see them - but to understand that whatever it was that was given us should not be wasted easily as time and effort was put into it to get it done. I do care that others will give my work its value. That it will be put into good use as they will be mindful that a great deal of work was involved to get such results. That's a silent tribute to its creator.

Whether it's an idea, a thing, or even just an accidental concept - whoever thought it have gone through experiences that we haven't, otherwise, we would have the same ideas and concepts. When a script is done then maybe keep it, you'll get something out of it when you make another. When an idea was put on the table, then know what it really meant from the one who placed it there so you can give a fair dealing to achieve it. Don't easily trash it. That's the legacy of every good work done and that's making it of essence.
So now I don't know how my thoughts maneuvered me to get here... maybe the point is this...

Is God happy with the way I live the life He created for me?!

Often, I just fail to appreciate it...

No comments: