Saturday, July 31, 2010

my "west wing"

first post after a long time but since i have lots of reasons to blog again, maybe this is going to be the first of a series of my "west wing" tales!

for now, i have set aside my "church" commitments and decided to do something that will benefit my daily environment that is the office. we have a new governor, a new administration has taken over the provincial capitol and it's been a great one month of experience of a fast life in the political arena. naks! this is the closest thing i'll actually be involved with political play - whatever that means.

my father was a dedicated supporter of the present governor, my brother is his partner in law firm and i have been hired at the time he was on his 2nd term as governor in the 90s. but it is not for this reason that i am going to talk about the achievements of art defensor, sr. i have aged after 16 years in government service and i'm not in for a mere rock 'n roll in the political scene but i have grown to be more critical and have become more idealistic than tolerant on how governance is run in the country. so this is all real encounters for me that i hope will not keep me bored.

anyway, i haven't really been too motivated going to the office until now as I've seen people who work closely with gov are really always early at work and for a mere administrative officer, it is a sin if i don't do the same. every monday, we hold this flag ceremony to start the week and now, i've been looking forward to every monday only because important announcements are expressed during gov's time - so we are constantly updated with new happenings that concerns the programs of the governor.

okay, i'll end here for now 'coz part of me is already distracted by a west wing episode i'm watching on a different window and it's more interesting. more happenings to follow...

No comments: