Saturday, February 14, 2009

viewpoint...

(the little angel in the photo is nikki ilano-mondragon,
this was her first night out with her ninangs!)


It's just a coincidence that I am posting this on V-day but I actually wrote these thoughts a couple of months ago but forgot to post it but views change in time but it is this...

The second week of December last year was my busiest time but I was able to take a break with some friends for a night out at a wedding. We were the last batch of guests to leave the reception but we moved to a nearby resto for coffee to chat some more and catch up on what's been happening in our lives. We talked about the flood that most of us became victims of last June since we related our action stories to a friend who just arrived from Indonesia then, more ramblings about work and about love that we just dream about. It was a gathering of mostly single women and one is about to become a full-pledge nun next month when she takes on her initial vow. We're all happy that at least one of us is truly in love and the rest of us also happy feeling the love around...

I treasure these women friends and I am thankful that we have found each other in this lifetime. We can be in our craziest moods and thoughts when we're together and all inhibitions lifted from our borders for free expressions. These are friends that make me feel rich even when I'm broke for they make paradise in my world as laughing and eating can go beyond limits. The perks of being single and it works for me!

Sometimes I also find myself surrounded more by my married friends and there's a big difference when we talk about life. Concerns are way too different as sex life is not only a subject but becomes a course for marital bliss and rearing children becomes the trend to keep fit. My views about such may be limited and they can really stretch my imagination to wander far and wide for my own amusement. On the other hand, I gain lots of insights and sometimes it can be more of hell than the delights of heaven when we engage in long conversations but only because I cannot imagine myself to be stressed by marriage as well as be ecstatic with the pleasures of sharing life with another individual. I admire my married friends though for they have so much love to share with their spouses and a lot more in store for their kids. I wonder if I'll ever have enough of that in my heart to give -- I will never know unless I get to open that door...

So I just wanna say... we have what we choose to have and whatever it is, we need to enjoy it to the fullest... live it! and that's a happy valentine's day to all!

No comments: